Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a report about a child I am worried about?

The toll free number is also our emergency services number, available 24-hours-a-day-7-days-a-week after general office hours which are Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Intake Services: 204-857-8751

Toll Free (Manitoba): 1-888-339-3576

How can I get involved with CFS Central Manitoba?

There are many ways that community members can become involved with the work of CFS Central:

  • Become a member by purchasing a membership for either one or three years. You will have a voice at our annual general meetings and can let your name stand for nomination as a Board of Directors member.
  • Become a volunteer and work with people in a variety of roles within our family.
  • Become a foster parent and play a very important role in a child’s future. When children are unable to remain in their homes, we need community members who are willing to open their hearts and their homes.
  • Make a financial donation towards our family strengthening programs to keep them operating. While CFS Central is provincially funded for mandated protection services, we rely on public, private, corporate and community support as well as grants, sponsorships and Foundations to operate our family strengthening programs, programs which we believe can lead to fewer families in need of protective services.

How do I make a complaint about my case worker?

Given the nature of child welfare work, there are occasions when clients are not satisfied with their response from the Agency. In those cases, we encourage you to pursue the internal appeal process. Initially, we hope you will raise your concerns directly with your worker. If you continue to be dissatisfied, then speak with the worker’s supervisor, who will guide you through the Internal Appeal Process.

External sources of Appeal include:

What areas of the Province does CFS Central Manitoba cover?

CFS Central serves an area in South Central Manitoba, reaching a population of approximately 109,000. Our main office, and Family Resource Centre are in Portage la Prairie, and our other office is in Winkler. We reach as far north as Alonsa, south to the U.S.A. border, west to Victora, Lorne and North Norfolk, and east to Winnipeg’s western boundaries.