Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled person for the position of Intake Worker. CFS-CM is a non-profit charitable organization with a history of applying innovative models in service delivery. We use a strength-based approach in supporting families. This is a full-time term position starting January 20, 2020 and ending March 31, 2021 and is based in Portage la Prairie.
• To act as the first contact for the Four Authorities on new referrals by phone, mail or walk-in.
• To assess those referrals to determine whether they fall within the parameters of the Child and Family Services Act.
• To take such steps as are necessary where immediate action is required to protect a child.
• To refer those intakes that don’t fall within the parameters of the Act to the appropriate service.
• To adhere to all of the administrative requirements of the agency, the province and those established in collaboration with the Four Authorities.
• To comply with all requirements regarding entry of information on the intake module.
• BSW or MSW preferred with a background in Child and Family Services
• Eligible for registration with the College of Social Workers
• Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and several years of experience in Child and Family Services
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Demonstrated skill and judgment in assessing risk in child protection situations
• Ability to flex office hours to accommodate the need for noon hour coverage.
Salary: As per CUPE Local #2483 Collective Agreement
*Job Description available upon request.
Please apply by way of resume and covering letter to Tracey Bercier, Executive Director, Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc., 25 – 3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1N1; or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 24, 2019 at 4:30 pm