Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. requires the services of a Full-Time 6 month Term Family Enhancement Worker.
Location: Winkler, Manitoba
Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Term: Term starting ASAP and ending six (6) months after start date
To act as the Case Manager/Service Coordinator for all intakes that are referred to the program via DIA and/or Family Services.
Working collaboratively with families to develop case plans and to coordinate delivery of services to meet identified needs, identified goals within the family, referral to community resources advocacy and providing supportive or rehabilitative services.
Consistently monitor probability of future harm using the Structured Decision Making (SDM) Strengths and Needs Assessment tool.
Evaluating the client’s progress toward the goals of the case plan.
To comply with all Agency policies and procedures.
BSW or MSW required with a background in Child and Family Services
Eligible for registration with the College of Social Work
Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and several years of experience in Child and Family Services
Strong organizational and administrative skills
Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
Experience working with families from a Strength Based/Solution Focused perspective
Experience/interest in working from a Community Based Model
Experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds
Experience/interest in the development, organizing and facilitation of groups/programs for individuals and families
Knowledge of the resources available to families in South Central Manitoba
Knowledge of the Structured Decision Making Model
Individual/family counseling experience an asset
Ability to speak German, Low German, Russian, French or Spanish would be an asset when providing services to a number of diverse cultural groups.
Salary: As per CUPE Local #2483 Collective Agreement
*Detailed Job Description available upon request.
Please apply by way of resume and covering letter to Tracey Bercier, Executive Director, Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc., 25 – 3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1N1; or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: January 23, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled person for the position of Family Therapist (2 positions). CFS-CM is a non-profit charitable organization with a history of applying innovative models in service delivery. We use a strength-based approach in supporting families. There are two positions. One is a .5 EFT Part- Time Indefinite Term position starting as soon as possible, located in Winkler and the other is a .5 EFT Part-Time Indefinite Term position starting as soon as possible, located in Portage la Prairie.
• Provide individual, family or group therapy to children, parents and/or families that are referred by the direct service providers in the agency.
• To document and provide reports as requested by the direct service providers, their supervisors or the courts.
• To work respectfully and in partnership with other CFSCM staff, families and community partners to support children, youth and families.
• To assist agency staff and families we are providing service to in developing safety or family plans with the purpose of maintaining children in their family or reunification with the family in a safe way
• To consult with other CFSCM staff on areas that pertain to treatment when requested
• To be familiar with and to comply with all provincial legislation, regulations and standards as well as Agency and Authority policies and procedures.
• To complete other related tasks as assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• M.S.W. or other related graduate level education would be considered
• Registration with the College of Social Work an asset.
• Minimum 3 years’ of direct counselling experience in a supervised clinical setting
• Knowledge of a variety of therapeutic modalities
• Training and competence in suicide intervention
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Knowledge of internal and external resources and a positive relationship with both of these types of collaterals
• Demonstrated group facilitation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Experience working with a variety of cultures and the ability to speak Low German would be considered an asset.
• Eligible for membership in respective regulating body
• Hours of work may vary based on client needs.
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. provides services to families from various cultural backgrounds and is a designated French Language Service Agency.
Salary Range: $65,988 – $83,010 annually with a comprehensive benefit package (pro-rated to reflect EFT).
Please apply by way of covering letter and resume including three references by 4:00 pm January 31, 2019 to:
Tracey Bercier, Executive Director
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc.
25 – 3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1N1
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.