Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. requires a Senior Finance Officer
Child & Family Service of Central Manitoba Inc. is a non-profit charitable organization mandated under the General Authority to provide intake and ongoing services under the Child and Family Services Act and the Adoption Act within the Central Region of Manitoba. The agency has been in existence since 1934 and is governed by a Board of Directors.
The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for the management of all financial, accounting, budgetary, policies and procedures. The ability to analyze and interpret financial information and provide advice to Senior Management and the Board of Directors is required. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is located at our head office in Portage la Prairie.
- Recognized accounting designation.
- Combination of accounting education and experience may be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable about payroll and labor legislation.
- Experience in government financial and accounting an asset.
- Display and demonstrate a high level of honesty, integrity and sound interpersonal skills.
- Accounting control and reporting of revenue and expenditures ensuring the consistent application of policies and standards;
- Financial and administrative policy and systems development, interpretations, implementation and maintenance;
- Coordinate and assemble financial data for budget preparation;
- Presentation of annual budget;
- Manage bi-weekly payroll and employee benefits;
- Work closely with external auditors and prepare required documents;
- Supervision of all accounting staff.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle and ability to travel
- Successful completion of Prior Contact, Police, Child Abuse Registry Checks and Driver’s Abstract
Remuneration: $77,581.00 – $98,613.00 annually dependent upon education and experience
Please apply by way of resume, including three references, to Chris Chabbert, Executive Director, Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc., 25 – 3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1N1; or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Application deadline: March 31, 2023
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled person for the position of Case Aide. CFS-CM is a non-profit charitable organization with a history of applying innovative models in service delivery. We use a strength-based approach in supporting families. This full-time permanent position is located in Winkler. The hours of work are 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
In consultation with the assigned social worker, assist in the delivery of agency services as required. This may include duties such as transporting agency clients as needed, supervising visits between parents and children, gathering resource material for staff and clients as needed.
- Grade 12
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate in Low German would be an asset
- Valid Driver’s License/Clear Driving Record
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to relate to others.
Salary: $15.64 – $20.26 per hr. (dependent upon qualifications)
*Job Description available upon request.
Please apply by way of resume and covering letter to Chris Chabbert, Executive Director, Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc., 25 – 3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1N1; or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: March 24, 2023