Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled person for the position of Support Network Facilitator. CFS-CM is a non-profit charitable organization with a history of applying innovative models in service delivery. We use a strength-based approach in supporting families. This is a Full-Time Two Year Term position based in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, but may be required to cover entire region. Start date will be determined.
• To consult with other service providers in the agency on the appropriate use of the family network process.
• To work respectfully in partnership with other CFSCM staff, families, communities, and community partners to support children, youth and families.
• To be able to assess and manage conflict and crisis during the collaborative process.
• To complete reports on the safety plan and network process in a concise way and in a timely fashion.
• To mentor/coach other agency staff who are implementing support network meetings into their practice.
• To educate community partners of our region on the support network service that is available to families through our agency.
• To assist agency staff and families with the development of safety plans/family plans with the purpose of developing safety for children within their family or network of supports.
NOTE: A copy of the job description is available upon request.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• BSW or MSW preferred with a background in Child and Family Services.
• Eligible for registration with the College of Social Work.
• Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and a minimum of 5 years experience in Child and Family Services.
• Proficiency in CFSIS, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Demonstrated skill and judgment in assessment of safety and risk with families.
• The ability and skill to work in case situations with a solution oriented focus.
• Knowledge of resources internal and external to the agency and positive relationships with collaterals.
• Group facilitation/support network facilitation experience.
• Be available to work flexible hours to accommodate the support networks.
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. provides services to families from various cultural backgrounds and is a designated French Language Service Agency.
Salary Range: As per CUPE Local #2483 Collective Agreement with a comprehensive benefit package.
Please apply by way of covering letter and resume including three references by 3:00 pm February 26, 2019 to:
Tracey Bercier, Executive Director
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc.
25 – 3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1N1
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. requires the services of a post-secondary student to fill the position of Chance 2 Camp Coordinator.
• advertising the program,
• receiving and processing applications,
• maintaining financial records and working within a budget,
• screening and training volunteer drivers,
• coordinating rides and other related camp requirements,
• writing a final report, and
• assisting social workers with other related activities as time permits.
Salary for the position is $12.35 per hour (35 hour week).
The summer term position will start the beginning of May and will end in August. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
Preference will be given to students enrolled in Social Work. Special consideration will be given to candidates who are members of the following population groups: Youth, Persons with Disabilities, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and newcomers.
Please apply by way of resume no later than 4:30 p.m. March 6, 2019 to Tracey Bercier, Executive Director, Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. 25-3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, Manitoba R1N 1N1 or by email to email@example.com.