Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. is seeking enthusiastic and skilled people for the position of Casual Support Worker. CFS-CM is a non-profit charitable organization with a history of applying innovative models in service delivery. We use a strength-based approach in supporting families. This position is Regional and will serve the CFSCM Region.
- To provide support to families as an adjunct to family systems based therapy. The Casual Support Worker and Social Worker cooperate with and involve the family as a partner in decision-making and empower the family by helping to build on their existing strengths and resources.
- To implement the strategies of the social worker as decided in the case conference and consistent with their role definitions.
- To provide preventive, supplementary and rehabilitative services to keep families together.
- The In-Home Support Program is a parent support program while empowering families to move toward change so their children are safer and happier at home. The program also works with families whose children are at risk of coming into care or are returning to their family of origin.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to follow direction and make decisions within the parameters of the job.
- Ability to be flexible regarding adapting to the needs of the group/individual.
- Ability to deal with crisis situations in an appropriate manner.
- Non-judgemental and accepting attitude. Strong level of self awareness.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated belief in the value of community involvement and development.
- Experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds, (including First
- Nations and Métis people).
- Experience working in a community based setting.
- Knowledge of child protection issues relating to identifying and reporting
- in accordance with the Child & Family Services Act would be an asset.
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. provides services to families from various cultural backgrounds and is a designated French Language Service Agency.
Salary: $23.00 /hr
Provide specific examples of how you meet the responsibilities, qualifications and requirements. Please apply by way of covering letter and resume including three references by 3:00 pm October 11, 2019 to:
Tracey Bercier, Executive Director
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc.
25 – 3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1N1
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted